Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dreaming

Last night I had a bizarre dream.
I woke up scared, ready to scream.
The country went crazy
with religionarys
and we ended up refugees.

Science fiction author Robert Heinlein, in some of his works, described what he called the Crazy Years. These years came after Americans elected a virtual theocracy into power, which led to all sorts of problems for people who did not believe exactly as they did. These beliefs were mostly of the evangelical sort, the likes of which are taught in most mega-churches these days.

In my dream, these terrors actually came to pass. It got to the point where I had to take my family to England as political refugees. The set us up with charming accommodations built out of an old dock storage shed.

Luckily, nothing like that would ever happen in real life.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment